Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fashionable Parents (Reposted from WordPress school blog for JRN504)

So, you know who you barely ever see in any streetstyle blog? Stylish older gentlemen. Hip mamas. Fashionista parents. So, that's who I kept a lookout for.

I don't know this man's name. He regularly comes into the coffee shop where I work. I can tell you, though, that he drinks a medium house-b
lend coffee every morning. I chased him out the door to snap this photo because I've always admired his fur hat. I really enjoy the whiteness of his beard against the rich, navy wool coat and dark, fur hat. Honestly, I just wish my dad wore a fur hat like that. (My dad wears an Indiana-Jones hat…)

Kathryn is a musician and mother. She lives up the street from me and I regularly see her in snazzy boots, sparkly tops, and cozy leggings. I accosted her at home and snapped a couple photos. (Okay, I don't want to get arrested. Accost is the wrong word. I called first, I didn't just barge in.) For a mother of two kids under the age of five, she always wears stuff that is comfy and functioning, yet also fashionable.

Katie is the
second coffee-shop customer who I ended up chasing down. She has a young (extremely trendy!) daughter but she, like Catherine, always looks really pulled together. She often wears high-waisted skirts or jackets with cinched belts. What I always really admire about Katie, though, is her never-ending collection of shoes.
I love the over-the-
knee winter boots she's wearing here. Black, classic, and about as trendy as you can be in -20C weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment